YOUR AGREEMENT WITH DANCE MASALA
Terms and conditions regarding participation in Dance Masala Classes:
- Class = rehearsals, performances, technical workshops, private class, term class, workshop, bootcamp, course, online class, crew training, performance company class, student team class or rehearsal, conditioning class, technique class, masterclass, guest masterclass, classes that have been picked as agreed upon in writing, classes that have been picked as per the online registration form, any other class undertaken by Dance Masala or under the Dance Masala name
- Dance Masala = All teachers, instructors, guest instructors and assistants operating and teaching under Dance Masala or are associated with Dance Masala including but not limited to Parvyn Kaur Bennett, Andrea Lam, Mugdha Khatavkar
- Student = Any student, client, parent of an underage student of Dance Masala.
- Payment is for your class or crew only. Nominated classes are applicable to change each term but will still be held against the agreement. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. We do not offer credits, or refunds if the student misses class.
- If Dance Masala (in its absolute discretion) has to cancel a class or training, you will receive a credit for another class. This can be redeemed with any Dance Masala class of your level.
- Students are asked to keep a record of their payments and receipts.
- Dance Masala reserve their right to use substitute instructors in the case of accident or illness (at the same rate).
- Requests for term refunds will only be considered if given with 14 days cancellation notice from the term start date. If approved, a $20 administration fee will be deducted + the fee for any class attended. Bookings cancelled outside of the 14-day period will be indisputably non-refunded.
Responsibility of Students:
- The student (named below) release and forever discharge and hold harmless Dance Masala, its instructors, volunteers and affiliates from any and all liability, claims and demands of any nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from services provided by Dance Masala. The student understands and acknowledge that this Agreement discharges Dance Masala and it’s instructors and volunteers from any liability or claim that the students may have against Dance Masala in respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from the services provided by Dance Masala.
- The student agrees to let the instructor know about pre-existing injuries or conditions that may affect dance before the class commences. Remind the instructor if you are concerned about certain moves as this may assist in the correction of a technical issue in replication; or a variation may be offered.
- Students experiencing a tingling sensation, pain or a burning feeling in a muscle or tendon, are advised to let the instructor know then to rest for 15 minutes.
- A warm up is essential. If you miss the warm up portion at the commencement of class we advise you to do a personal warm up and stretch before joining class to prevent injury. If you attend class late, we assume that you have adequately stretched or warmed up prior to commencing the class.
- Students agree to dance in a safe and responsible manner that will not endanger others or themselves.
- When participating in a new dance class / exercise regime, students should be evaluated by a doctor or physiotherapist to advise the proper pacing for their flexibility, range of motion and endurance.
- Students will purchase necessary costumes in a timely manner for performing publicly with Dance Masala.
- Social distancing & mask-wearing must be upheld during all times upon entering the Judith Wright Centre or YCV Dance or any other space used by Dance Masala for a Dance Masala-related activity, including entering the building, in the lift, and in the classes.
- Please wash and/or sanitise your hands before entering the studio or at the door.
- Leave your shoes by the door
- Dance Masala reserve the right to take all participant’s temperatures prior to their entering class. If the participant’s temperature exceeds 37.5°C they will be asked to please go home. We appreciate your consideration in this matter.
- Students MUST check-in using the QR codes for ADC & Dance Masala for contact tracing
- Students MUST ensure they have been checked off the role by the Dance Masala teacher, assistant or team, especially if they are late
- Dance Masala reserves the right to deny entry or remove participants that are not complying with the guidelines on COVID19 safety measures. Dance Masala is not responsible for any failures of any participant to comply with such measures.
- If you are not well or showing symptoms, you absolutely cannot come to class. Please log in or catch up using the video recording.
Consent for First Aid
I grant permission to Dance Masala instructors to assist me in First Aid and CPR, in the event that I should require it.
I hereby irrevocably consent to and authorize the use by Dance Masala of any and all photographs, video, voice recordings, or other media taken of me including derivative works thereof (collectively, the “Images”), and any reproduction of them in any form in any media whatsoever, whether now known or hereafter created, in connection with Dance Masala classes and events.
I also consent to the use of my likeness or voice, in connection with the exhibition, distribution, merchandising, advertising, exploiting and/or publicising of Images or Dance Masala. I hereby release and discharge Dance Masala, its instructors, volunteers and affiliates from any and all claims, actions, suits or demands of any kind or nature whatsoever, in connection with the use of Images and the reproduction thereof as aforesaid. I understand and agree that Dance Masala will be the exclusive owner of all rights, including, but not limited to, all copyrights, in and to the Images in whole or part, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, in any medium now known or hereafter developed, and to license others to so use them in any manner Dance Masala may determine in its sole discretion, without any obligation to me.
I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect and/or approve the use of the Images or any reproductions thereof, by Dance Masala.
- The Agreement is the entire Agreement between the below-named student and Dance Masala and shall not be waived in whole or in part, nor shall any clause of the Agreement be understood as a waiver (express or implied) of any rights and remedies of either party under the Agreement, except as agreed in writing by both parties. The Agreement is valid even if the Student has not come to class for a term, or many terms, until termination is mutually agreed upon.
- A term or part of a term of this Agreement that is unenforceable may be severed from this Agreement and the remaining terms of this Agreement continue in force.
The student fully understands and agrees with the terms of this Agreement with Dance Masala and accepts the terms of this Agreement with Dance Masala for the duration of its relationship with Dance Masala (either in class, or at a workshop or during performances organised, facilitated and managed by Dance Masala), upon agreeing to this Agreement (through checking ‘I Agree with the Dance Masala Student Agreement.’ Upon checking out of the bollywoodbrisbane.com.au website).
Dance Masala Online
Check out our on-demand video portal.